Python Full Stack Engineer (d/f/m)
THE CLIMATE CHOUCE has committed itself to enabling companies from different industries to drastically reduce their CO2 emissions through data-driven decisions. We achieve this by building a data-driven software platform that guides companies through their climate transformation.
Our mission is to make climate transformation simple and straightforward for every business. In the long term, we want to help businesses reduce their CO2 emissions by 50% by 2030. We founded the company in April 2020 in order to have the greatest possible positive impact on climate change with our work right now.
You get the opportunity to support us in actively shaping our future.
- We are ambitious, results-driven and set on rapid growth.
- We are creating a workplace where:
- Everyone is valued and heard.
- People can grow and learn.
- Integrity is a core value, and guides our work and behaviours.
- People are trusted and supported to do their best work.
- Happiness at work is a goal in itself.
- Remote working is a core strength, not a compromise.
As our first Python Full Stack Engineer, your role will be crucial in helping us build a world class B2B SaaS platform for GHG reduction. You will help us turn product vision into business reality, create an engineering culture of technical excellence, and help scale the company and its culture. In return, we will give you the support, training and resources to grow along with us, as a core part of our team.
We are multidisciplinary and collaborative in nature and you would work closely with our other teams to help deliver on our goals. We are also remote-first, and a large part of your role will be to ensure that a distributed engineering team can thrive.
- You are helping to develop the Front- and Backend of our product and build our software architecture
- You write high-quality codes that drive tomorrow’s climate transformation
- You test and maintain our software architecture with high standards √
- You continue the development of our webapp and data imports.
- You find and debug major problems while remaining calm and focused
- You own and write software documentation
- You work collaboratively to build an end-to-end product from the ground up, alongside colleagues from different disciplines, and guided by needs and insights learned from customers.
- You use technology for good, tackling one of the biggest challenges facing us all right now.
- You help to manage our hosted environments
- You are an optimist and use your social communication skills to positively inspire your environment for more climate action.
- You are an experienced full-stack developer and want to use this expertise to help achieve the Paris climate agreement goals.
- You are a developer at heart and the user’s experience is at the focus of your work
- You are experienced with relational database systems and in web development with HTML and CSS
- Agile practices like TDD, Kanban/Scrum are not completely new to you.
- You are familiar with RESTful and with the concepts and usage of Git, CI/CD and Docker
- You are experienced with the Django Framework and NoSQL? Not a must-have but highly appreciated.
- You have a "getting things done" mentality and are not afraid to be at the forefront to achieve our goals.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or similar.
- You speak and write in fluent English, German is a plus.
- A supportive team of highly motivated professionals with a strong track record of building companies and products.
- You will get support to develop your leadership and technical skills through coaching and training.
- A market-competitive compensation package.
The founding team is currently located in Berlin but we have a remote-first ethos. However, we require that you are resident and eligible to work in the EEA . In case you want to move to Berlin, the heart of Europe's blooming start-up scene, we are happy to support EU Blue Card applications for relocations to Berlin.
If you would like to work with us, send us your CV and a cover letter, and feel free to show us your Github profile, blog or other projects you’ve worked on too. Your photo and DOB are not necessary.