Java Backend Engineer (m/f/d)
Visual Meta is a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. They are located in a well-designed office in the middle of Berlin and run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Their vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies.
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a Java Backend Engineer you will be part of their team responsible for the partner shop integration. This team handles the technology for the sales department and works mainly on keeping the product catalog up to date and developing the Partner Dashboard. You will play an important role in all technical aspects of product synchronization and the development of the partner shop self-service portal.
Your Challenges and Tasks
- You are in charge of building and optimizing scalable services to keep our combined inventory of 130M+ items updated on a daily basis
- You collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and product owners
- You define and communicate technical and design requirements
- You design and develop all aspects of the partner shop self-service portal from UI to integrating 3rd party services like Salesforce CRM
- You write tests and are responsible for reviewing code, ensuring the best possible code quality
- You deploy and maintain your applications in production
- You hold a university degree in computer science or a related field
- You have proven development experience with Java for at least 3 years (experience with Spring a plus)
- You have sufficient knowledge about data stores such as MySQL and InfluxDB
- You are familiar with containerization/orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with frontend technologies like Angular 2 or TypeScript is a plus
- You communicate fluently in spoken and written English
- You are eager to learn new technologies and to extend your knowledge
- You possess a passion for beautiful and well tested code and you have an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- You feature an analytical mindset with a kick-ass “getting things done” and hands-on mentality
- Be part of an agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. hackathons)
- diversity is welcomed - Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- your development has priority- Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the Job you are looking for?
Great, please go ahead and send us your CV and salary expectation. Tobias is your point of contact.